3.10.2011

... trying to live normally.

I go through phases. Try to live life like I used to, but it gets to me. The fact that there is no cure for PSC is terrifying. He will get worse and the disease will kill him, but it is a mystery as to when. I can pray for medical breakthroughs or a miracle, but sometimes my optimism breaks down and I can't help but cry. He is so frail and sick looking... he is less active and more tired. He is still optimistic and happy as ever, but I'm not. I'm heartbroken. Our life together is just beginning, and all I can say is the same thing everyone would say in my situation; it just isn't fair.

1 comment:

  1. I know there are no right words, but know that I am always here for both you and Rich...as if you are a part of my family. All you can do is try everything possible to make things easier and hope for the best. Yes, the reality is that Rich will get worse, but like you said a liver transplant can be a solution. Don't give up hope. You are a strong young lady and I know you will put up a fight and I will be there right next to you, because I love you!

    ReplyDelete